PC Support and Operations Analyst II
Department: Information Technology
Location: New York, NY
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 410
When you join NFA as a PC Support and Operations Analyst II, you'll join a high-performing team of dedicated information technology (IT) professionals responsible for ensuring the availability and efficient operation of personal computers (PC), other hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
Bring your solution-oriented mindsets. Bring your proactivity and problem-solving skills. Bring your knack for project management and technical know-how.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll utilize your technical knowledge, eye for detail and critical thinking skills to support our important regulatory mission.
What you'll do:
As a PC Support and Operations Analyst II, you'll address the technology-related needs of staff in NFA's New York office. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Installing and supporting PC hardware, software, and associated peripherals, including docking stations, monitors, printers and scanners.
- Testing and implementing changes to computer hardware and software (e.g., disk drive/memory card replacements, program fixes/patches and preventive maintenance).
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving computer hardware and software problems using logs, error messages, dumps and protocol analysis.
- Answering calls to NFA's PC Support group, addressing incident tickets and providing technical support for users.
- Assisting IT staff with evaluating, testing and implementing new technology.
- Setting up, installing, removing and troubleshooting presentation equipment (audio/visual and multi-media systems).
- Setting up conference room furniture (tables and chairs), including routine lifting and moving of furniture.
Proactive, detail-oriented individuals thrive in this role. If you're eager to apply your technical abilities to serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as a PC Support and Operations Analyst II.
- Three or more years of experience installing, customizing and maintaining personal computer hardware and peripherals (desktops, notebooks, printers and scanners)
- Two or more years of experience supporting and debugging Windows operating systems and Office products
- Familiarity with PCI and ISA bus PCs, including device driver installation
- Knowledge of cell card technology, Wi-Fi connections, CD-DVD, RAM and USB
- Understanding of PC to LAN communications, hardware, software and protocols
- Ability to lift heavy office furniture and/or equipment
- Willingness to work overtime and provide alternate shift coverage when needed, sometimes on short notice
- Strong customer service, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively as a team
- Degree in computer science or a related field preferred
- A+ hardware certification or Network+ certification preferred
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, NFA will assess on a case-by-case basis whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided to individuals who demonstrate that the vaccine cannot be administered due to medical or religious reasons.
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.