Department: Futures Compliance
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 351
When you join NFA as a Product Manager, you'll join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals responsible for aligning product development with the Futures Compliance department's business needs.
Bring your analytical mindset and eye for detail. Bring your strategic vision and passion for collaboration. Bring your ability to quickly learn and adapt.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll utilize your critical thinking and decision-making skills to support our important regulatory mission.
What you'll do:
As a Product Manager, you'll play a critical product ownership role for the proprietary systems used by NFA's Futures Compliance department. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with Futures Compliance department stakeholders to collect requirements and feedback.
- Communicating requirements to the development team in a way that ensures they understand the Futures Compliance department's business objectives.
- Maintaining a product roadmap and backlog by continuously teasing out features' level of priority based on their costs and benefits.
- Participating in Scrum ceremonies with the development team to ensure that business requirements are accurately converted into useful working software.
- Sharing deliverables with product stakeholders and/or end users while effectively conveying the value of the work that has been done.
- Reviewing the Quality Assurance team's test preparation materials, supporting them in understanding requirements and resolving issues during product testing.
- Testing system changes and new systems and facilitating user acceptance testing.
- Assisting NFA staff with their use of NFA systems and collecting their feedback on them.
- Logging issues and change requests with proper documentation, communicating their urgency and criticality, and escalating as appropriate.
- Supporting product implementation and deployment and educating and supporting end users upon product release.
What we’re looking for:
Team-oriented individuals thrive in this collaborative, analytical role. If you're eager to apply your product ownership skills to serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as a Product Manager.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, technology, finance or a related field
- Five or more years of experience in business analysis or product ownership
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Experience using Agile methodology, preferably Scrum
- Strong sense of self-motivation
- Excellent attention to detail and written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of finance, futures trading, compliance, accounting and/or auditing strongly preferred
Why choose NFA?
We understand how important culture is to an organization, and we pursue a culture of excellence where every NFA employee, regardless of circumstances, can succeed. Our workforce respects and celebrates each employee's diversity, unique values and abilities, all of which mold our creative approach to regulation. Most importantly, we believe that our diverse, inclusive workforce makes NFA a friendly, supportive and enjoyable place to work.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.