Professional Development Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 364
When you join NFA as a Professional Development Specialist, you'll join a team of learning and development professionals dedicated to providing NFA staff with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the workplace and keep pace with a rapidly evolving derivatives landscape.
Bring your analytical mindset and eye for detail. Bring your strategic vision and passion for collaboration. Bring your ability to quickly learn and adapt.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll utilize your critical thinking and decision-making skills to support our important regulatory mission.
What you'll do:
As a Professional Development Specialist, you'll play a critical role in helping our team roll out NFA's new learning experience platform (LXP), LinkedIn Learning Hub. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Designing learning solutions using sound instructional design practices.
- Training staff using a variety of methods, including instructor-led, virtual instructor-led, e-learning, etc.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts, stakeholders and business teams to establish goals and outcomes for learning solutions.
- Curating content for learning pathways in our LXP.
- Working with senior Office of Professional Development staff to perform organizational needs analyses for employee development purposes.
What we’re looking for:
Team-oriented individuals with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for employee development thrive in this role. If you're eager to learn and apply your training abilities to serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as a Professional Development Specialist.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in a field related to human resources, industrial psychology, learning and development or a similar field of study
- Experience with authoring tools (e.g., Articulate or Camtasia)
- Knowledge of adult learning design principles
- Excellent critical thinking and project management skills
- Ability to collaborate with team and business partners to conduct organizational needs analyses
- Strong presentation skills
Why choose NFA?
We understand how important culture is to an organization, and we pursue a culture of excellence where every NFA employee, regardless of circumstances, can succeed. Our workforce respects and celebrates each employee's diversity, unique values and abilities, all of which mold our creative approach to regulation. Most importantly, we believe that our diverse, inclusive workforce makes NFA a friendly, supportive and enjoyable place to work.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.