Quality Assurance Analyst
Description: The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst will support NFA's Information Systems (IS) department projects through the execution of QA programs that ensure all software programs and integrated applications meet organizational standards and end-user requirements. The QA Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that systems operate correctly and outputs are accurate. Additionally, the QA Analyst will coordinate and participate in IS system testing.
- Conduct QA for new and existing systems.
- Provide status reports and supporting details on all phases of testing for projects (test cases developed, executed and passed).
- Ensure the overall strategy for QA testing efforts for new and existing systems.
- Coordinate, document and participate in system testing and the development of testing automation strategies.
- Review, execute and document regression test plans.
- Perform the technical set-up for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Design, build, test and deploy effective test automation.
- Assist management by reporting metrics that measure performance of QA programs.
- Review business requirement documents.
- Participate in the overall system development life cycle in order to ensure requirements being developed can be tested properly.
- Write test plans by leveraging business requirements documents, technical specifications and subject matter expert input.
- Capture both functional and technical test cases, as well as regression tests.
- Coordinate hand-off of QA testing to UAT in business units.
- Participate in ticketing/help desk support initiatives.
- Identify and document bug fixes.
- College graduate or commensurate experience; BA/BS in a related field preferred
- One to three years' experience in software QA, preferably for web-based technologies requiring data validation
- Experience with Team Foundation Server and automated testing tools a plus
- Knowledge of finance, futures, derivatives, compliance and/or auditing a plus
- SQL and/or MS Access Skills
- Detail-oriented and independently motivated
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Experience testing in one or more software initiatives
Location: Chicago, IL
Job ID: 242