Department: OTC Derivatives Compliance
Location: New York, NY
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 430
When you join NFA as a Risk Analyst, you will gain unique insight into the global derivatives industry and its regulatory framework, utilizing your critical thinking, data analysis and risk assessment skills every day.
Bring your analytical and innovative mindsets. Bring your thirst for knowledge and learning. Bring a healthy skepticism and an eye for detail.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll gain exceptional experiences at the cutting-edge intersection of derivatives and regulation, career-long and personalized learning and invaluable coaching and mentoring. We believe in nurturing talent to develop future NFA and industry leaders.
What you'll do:
You'll join a team of high-performing risk analytics professionals whose main goals are to build out a data program through the collection, analysis and reporting of data related to swap dealer activities and risks. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing data to convey potential risks and concerns and assisting in the decision-making process.
- Creating reports, summaries, presentations and process documents to display results.
- Building Tableau Dashboards to monitor and present data.
- Collaborating with other team members to effectively analyze and present data.
- Developing systems and processes for gathering and storing data for future analytics projects.
- Communicating with swap dealers.
What we’re looking for:
Team-oriented individuals thrive in this collaborative, analytical role. If you're eager to apply your technical abilities, and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as a Risk Analyst.
- Two or more years of experience in quantitative areas, model validation or risk management at a financial institution, commodity or energy firm or regulatory agency
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g., mathematical finance, mathematics, statistics)
- Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to independently solve quantitative problems with data
- A demonstrated ability to understand new analytical concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The salary range for the position is $90,000 - $130,000.
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, NFA will assess on a case-by-case basis whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided to individuals who demonstrate that the vaccine cannot be administered due to medical or religious reasons.
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.