Senior Applications Developer
Department: Information Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 448
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
NFA's culture supports all our employees to perform at the highest level, no matter the circumstances, and values an inclusive culture where all staff can thrive. Read more.
When you join NFA as a Senior Applications Developer, you'll join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals responsible for designing and implementing new systems, as well as maintaining and enhancing existing systems.
Bring your analytical and innovative mindsets. Bring your technical know-how, problem solving and project management skills and an eye for detail.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll utilize your critical thinking and decision-making skills to support our important regulatory mission.
What you'll do:
As a Senior Applications Developer, you'll support NFA's applications projects by demonstrating technical leadership in the design of new systems and maintenance of existing systems. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Designing applications based on user requirements.
- Prototyping and implementing designs in keeping with NFA software development lifecycle practices.
- Writing and reviewing code using NFA's standard tools and processes.
- Identifying remediation items and coding fixes.
- Assisting in identifying technical standards for projects.
- Creating appropriate templates for developers.
- Providing technical leadership to less experienced staff.
- Participating in ticketing/help desk support initiatives.
- Assisting in testing patches and configuration updates.
What we’re looking for:
Diligent, detail-oriented individuals thrive in this analytical role. If you're eager to apply your technical abilities to serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as a Senior Applications Developer.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three or more years of experience with Oracle, SQL server or comparable databases
- Three or more years of experience with ASP.NET/Visual Basic.NET/C#.net development highly preferred
- Graduate business degree a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Access and Active Server Pages development a plus
- Experience with agile methodologies for solution delivery a plus
WHY CHOOSE NFA?
We understand how important culture is to an organization, and we pursue a culture of excellence where every NFA employee, regardless of circumstances, can succeed. Our workforce respects and celebrates each employee's diversity, unique values and abilities, all of which mold our creative approach to regulation. Most importantly, we believe that our diverse, inclusive workforce makes NFA a friendly, supportive and enjoyable place to work.
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.