Senior Legal Assistant
Department: General Counsel
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 413
When you join NFA as a Senior Legal Assistant, you'll join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals responsible for supporting NFA's efforts to provide the most efficient regulatory services possible.
Bring your analytical mindsets. Bring your ability to quickly learn and adapt. Bring communication skills and an eye for detail.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll gain exceptional experiences, personalized learning and invaluable coaching and mentoring. We believe in nurturing talent to develop future NFA and industry leaders.
What you'll do:
As a Senior Legal Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative support and legal services to attorneys and paralegals in NFA's General Counsel's office. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Answering calls and emails.
- Coordinating attorneys' calendars and processing expense reports.
- Writing correspondence and proofreading pleadings.
- Organizing and managing case documents.
- Scanning documents and case files.
- Entering case data into the docketing software and other systems.
- Assisting with internal and external meetings (e.g., preparing/reviewing meeting materials and minutes).
- Collaborating to prepare and monitor the department budget.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's or associate degree
- Three to five years of relevant work experience
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated competency using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated competency using Adobe software
- Strong sense of professionalism, responsibility and reliability
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved paralegal program and prior work in a law office setting preferred
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, NFA will assess on a case-by-case basis whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided to individuals who demonstrate that the vaccine cannot be administered due to medical or religious reasons.
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.