Senior Network Analyst
Department: Information Systems
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 318
Description: The Senior Network Analyst maintains the availability and efficient operation of NFA's network, as well as NFA's related hardware and software. This role is tasked with ensuring systems are optimally installed, monitored and tuned.
- Provide support for NFA's network and communication environments.
- Consult with users to analyze needs and determine hardware and software functionality specifications.
- Serve as a high-level escalation resource for the identification and resolution of large-scale or highly complex issues.
- Provide training to staff.
- Research and implement new software releases, preventative maintenance and solutions to problems.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve network and/or system-related problems via logs, error messages and dumps.
- Install, customize and maintain all required diagnostic and recovery utilities and related third-party hardware and software.
- Generate and analyze performance and usage reports.
- Review response time and bandwidth utilization statistics.
- Evaluate networks and systems to make recommendations regarding design enhancement and configuration implementation.
- Practice required back-up and recovery procedures.
- Develop, implement, monitor and audit network and system back-ups.
- Ensure requirements are met to enable successful disaster recovery testing.
- Develop, monitor and adhere to security and related compliance processes and procedures.
- Make recommendations that will enhance the operation, security and efficiency of the network and systems environments while adhering to the change management process.
- A minimum of five years working experience in a technical environment
- A minimum of five years of SharePoint administration experience required
- Industry-recognized certification, or an accredited degree, such as a B.A. in information systems or B.S. in computer science required
- Microsoft certification required
- Comprehensive understanding of network infrastructure/design and performance/tuning strategies
- Experience with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) or web design and Office 365 administration
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Server a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in project planning and management
- Willingness to work after hours
NFA offers a generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
By actively engaging in the development of our employees, NFA has further enhanced our culture and advancement of our employees, which drives our success.
Meet NFA's employees and learn about their career progression.
NFA believes caring for the health and wellness of our employees and bettering our communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.