Department: General Counsel
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: 10%
Job ID: 433
When you join NFA as a Senior Paralegal, you'll join a high-performing team of dedicated legal professionals responsible for providing the most efficient regulatory services possible.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll gain exceptional experiences and personalized learning. We believe in nurturing talent to develop future NFA and industry leaders.
What you'll do:
As a Senior Paralegal, you will be responsible for managing the legal services and administrative functions in the General Counsel's office. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and overseeing the General Counsel's office's administrative and legal services functions to ensure NFA's attorneys receive the necessary support and assistance.
- Supervising and managing NFA's Paralegals to ensure their work is completed accurately and on time.
- Assisting with various regular departmental tasks as needed (e.g., managing assigned registration cases, providing support to attorneys with enforcement cases and the NFA disciplinary process).
- Ensuring departmental databases and case files are updated and accurate, as well as recording case information and communicating promptly with NFA attorneys.
- Drafting legal documents and correspondence under the supervision of an NFA attorney.
- Assisting NFA attorneys with project oversight and providing legal support as needed (e.g., legal research, subpoenas, data compilation and analysis).
- Assisting the Board and Legal Senior Manager with other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelors degree
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved paralegal program
- At least seven years of prior work experience, including at least three years in a supervisory capacity
- Strong organization, prioritization, planning and project management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Technological competency, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proficiency in conducting legal research
- Ability to recognize and anticipate procedural or legal issues and proactively implement solutions
- Strong sense of professionalism, responsibility and reliability
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use discretion and demonstrate sound judgment
- Prior work experience in law, arbitration or a General Counsel's office setting, preferably in the financial services industry
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, NFA will assess on a case-by-case basis whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided to individuals who demonstrate that the vaccine cannot be administered due to medical or religious reasons.
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.