Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Department: Information Systems
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 405
When you join NFA as a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst, you'll join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals responsible for designing and implementing new systems, as well as maintaining and enhancing existing systems.
Bring your analytical and innovative mindsets. Bring your problem solving and project management skills. Bring your technical know-how and an eye for detail.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll utilize your critical thinking and decision-making skills to support our important regulatory mission.
What you'll do:
As a Senior QA Analyst, you'll support NFA's Information Systems projects by ensuring all software programs and integrated applications meet or exceed minimum organizational standards and end-user requirements.
You will also ensure that NFA's application systems operate correctly and system output is accurate, as well as serve as both a tester and a coordinator of testing efforts for Information Systems. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting quality assurance for new and existing systems while applying best practices.
- Succinctly reporting to management on the status of all phases of testing for each project (e.g., test cases developed, executed and passed) and providing supporting details.
- Ensuring the QA effort of new and existing systems meets or exceeds NFA minimum standards across all systems.
- Coordinating, documenting and participating in testing all NFA systems.
- Reviewing, executing and documenting regression test plans.
- Designing, building, testing and deploying effective test automation solutions and strategies.
- Reviewing business requirement documents.
- Writing test plans, leveraging business requirements documents, establishing technical specifications and soliciting subject matter expert input.
What we're looking for:
- College graduate or commensurate experience; BA/BS in a related field preferred
- Five or more years of experience in software quality assurance, preferably for web-based technologies requiring data validation and back-end processing
- Experience testing multiple parallel software initiatives
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Team Foundation Server and automated testing tools required
- Experience with Tricentis Tosca and qTest a plus
- Experience with agile methodology and scrum framework a plus
- Knowledge of Visual Studio a plus
- Coding experience with C# a plus
- Knowledge of finance, auditing or futures/derivatives regulation a plus
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, NFA will assess on a case-by-case basis whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided to individuals who demonstrate that the vaccine cannot be administered due to medical or religious reasons.
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.