Description: The Staff Attorney will provide legal advice, representation for NFA, and support NFA's efforts to provide the most efficient and effective regulatory environment possible.
- Assist attorneys in working with Compliance staff on NFA investigations and the preparation of disciplinary cases.
- Assist attorneys in working with Registration staff on cases concerning fitness investigations for registration and membership.
- Provide general legal services to NFA staff, including the protection of NFA's intellectual property rights and confidential corporate information.
- Collaborate with Members and Committees on regulatory matters, including the refinement or development of NFA rules or policies.
- Assist in preparing presentation materials for NFA's Board of Directors and Committees.
- Serve as counsel to NFA's hearing panels for disciplinary and registration cases.
- Conduct legal research to support NFA's regulatory initiatives.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in the state of Illinois or another state with the ability to be admitted in the Illinois State Bar
- Knowledge of the Commodity Exchange Act and CFTC regulations
- Knowledge of entities that engage in futures and/or OTC derivatives products
- Proven legal research and writing skills
Location: Chicago, IL
Job ID: 254