Summer Applications Developer Intern
Department: Information Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 435
When you join NFA as a Summer Applications Developer Intern, you will gain unique insight into the global derivatives industry and its regulatory framework, utilizing the critical thinking, creative problem solving and technical skills you've developed in the classroom.
Bring your analytical and innovative mindsets. Bring your intellectual curiosity. Bring an eye for detail and a passion for continuous improvement.
Beginning your first day, you'll gain exceptional experiences, personalized learning and invaluable coaching and mentoring. We strive to develop our talented interns into future NFA and industry leaders, and our internship program is designed with that goal in mind.
What you'll do:
As a Summer Applications Developer Intern, you'll learn alongside a high-performing team of technical professionals in developing, maintaining and enhancing applications which support our important regulatory mission. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in design meetings for development projects.
- Analyzing business requirements and design solutions.
- Assisting in logical database analysis and design.
- Coding and testing applications programs for new or existing systems.
- Answering user Service Desk questions.
We're committed to educating our interns and providing them with the skills necessary for success. Thanks to industry-specific training classes and our internal educational programs, an NFA internship will enable you to take away important industry knowledge and professional skills you can apply in your future career.
What we’re looking for:
Team-oriented individuals thrive in this collaborative, hands-on role. We value diverse perspectives and are looking for motivated applicants with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences. If you're eager to learn something new and serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as an Applications Developer Intern.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in information systems, business or a related major, and expects to graduate within one year of internship
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong programming and design skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in NFA's Chicago office full-time (beginning June 2023)
- Experience with ASP.NET/Visual Basic.NET/C# development preferred
- Experience in Agile/Scrum and/or DevOps a plus
- Experience in test-driven development a plus
- Experience in finance a plus
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, NFA will assess on a case-by-case basis whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided to individuals who demonstrate that the vaccine cannot be administered due to medical or religious reasons.
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.