Summer Security Compliance Intern
Department: Information Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 436
When you join NFA as a Summer Security Compliance Intern, you will gain unique insight into the security compliance regulatory framework and utilize your critical thinking, data analysis and risk assessment skills every day. Bring your analytical and innovative mindsets. Bring your thirst for knowledge and learning. Bring a healthy skepticism and an eye for detail.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll gain exceptional experiences, career-long and personalized learning and invaluable coaching and mentoring. We believe in nurturing talent to develop future NFA and industry leaders.
What you'll do:
You'll learn alongside a high-performing team of dedicated problem solvers and assist us in carrying out innovative investigative strategies which support our important regulatory mission. As a Summer Security Compliance Intern, you'll gain hands-on experience working with your team by evaluating risk assessments and evidence for possible inaccuracies, deficiencies or policy deviations. We're committed to educating our interns and providing them with the skills necessary for success. Thanks to industry-specific training classes and our internal educational programs, an NFA internship will enable you to take away important industry knowledge and professional skills you can apply in your future career.
As a Summer Security Compliance Intern, you'll contribute to NFA's important regulatory mission by:
- Working alongside more experienced professionals to help conduct security compliance assessments and other security compliance-related tasks.
- Learning and understanding NFA's Governance, Risk, & Compliance system to help evaluate control effectiveness to manage security risk.
- Supporting assessment/audit requests for the Security Compliance Group while documenting security policies, processes and standards as well as security programs.
- Collaborating with senior team members and stakeholders to review and interpret evidence for accuracy.
- Providing feedback on management responses to identified risks in order to track progress on their remediation.
What we’re looking for:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in computer science, cybersecurity, information systems or a related field
- Computer and software skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in NFA's Chicago office full-time (beginning June 2023)
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to shifting priorities with a high-level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, NFA will assess on a case-by-case basis whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided to individuals who demonstrate that the vaccine cannot be administered due to medical or religious reasons.
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Learn about the NFA internship experience.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.