Department: Treasurer's Office
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 465
When you join NFA as a Tax Coordinator, you'll join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals responsible for keeping NFA accountable for various federal, state, and local tax filings as well as providing broad accounting support to management.
Bring your passion for problem solving. Bring an analytical mindset. Bring your technical know-how and attention to detail.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll utilize your critical thinking, decision-making and technical skills to support our important regulatory mission.
What you'll do:
As a Tax Coordinator, you'll contribute to NFA's important regulatory mission by:
- Ensuring the accurate completion and timely filing of various federal, state and local tax, escheatment, and informational returns.
- Calculating tax estimates and requesting extensions as needed.
- Conducting in-depth analysis and review of accounting records to ensure proper identification and recording of tax liabilities.
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in relevant Federal and SALT tax requirements.
- Assisting with tracking and generating responses to notices regarding federal, state and local tax issues.
- Preparing Restitution program reconciliations and corresponding tax filings.
- Preparing and maintaining Fixed Asset schedules.
- Providing operational and administrative support as needed.
What we're looking for:
Diligent, detail-oriented individuals thrive in this role. If you're eager to apply your abilities to serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as a Tax Coordinator.
- Bachelor's degree required (business-oriented degree preferred)
- At least three years of professional experience
- Exceptional time management, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities, and balance multiple priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.