Notices to Members2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | Show more years
January 28, 2005
Annual Regulatory Reminder for Commodity Pool Operators
National Futures Association has always been committed to providing our Members with the resources they need to meet their regulatory obligations as efficiently as possible. During some of our recent audits, NFA Members have suggested that we provide them with an annual reminder regarding certain requirements that are not part of their day-to-day operations. Responding to this request, NFA is pleased to send you this email listing certain requirements you have for the upcoming year. This list does not capture all of your responsibilities, but it should help remind you of certain non-routine requirements.
Within the next 12 months you will be required to:
1. Complete the Annual Update/Questionnaire on NFA's Web site and pay your NFA dues on the anniversary date of your firm's registration.
2. Complete NFA's Self-Examination Checklist located on NFA's Web site at http://www.nfa.futures.org/compliance/selfexam.asp [hyperlink updated 11-17-2021].
4. Test your Disaster Recovery Plan and make any necessary adjustments. For guidance in preparing your plan, please consult NFA's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan questionnaire (Appendix B of the Self-Exam Checklist) [hyperlink updated 11-17-2021].
5. Provide Ethics Training as outlined in your firm's written Ethics Training Procedures. For guidance in developing your procedure, please consult NFA's Ethics Training Policy questionnaire (Appendix C of the Self-Exam Checklist).
6. If soliciting new pool participants, distribute a Disclosure Document that is no more than 9 months old and that has been reviewed by NFA.
7. Submit to NFA, and distribute to current participants, a certified annual report for each pool as of the close of the pool's fiscal year. We encourage you to use NFA's EasyFile system to electronically file your pool financial statements. Instructions for accessing EasyFile can be found at http://www.nfa.futures.org/news/newsNotice.asp?ArticleID=1409.
When preparing pool annual reports, refer to the CFTC's annual letter for useful tips. This letter can be found at http://www.cftc.gov/tm/tmcompliance.htm.