Notices to Members2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | Show more years
October 08, 2012
Board and Nominating Committee Members Whose Terms Will Expire at the 2013 Annual Election
NFA Bylaw 406 provides that before October 15th of each year, NFA's Secretary shall notify all Members in the FCM, IB, CPO and CTA categories of the elected Directors and the members of the Nominating Committee whose terms shall expire at the Annual Election and shall request that the names of eligible persons to fill those positions be submitted to the Nominating Committee.
Enclosed is a list of Board and Nominating Committee members whose terms shall expire at the 2013 Annual Election to be held on January 15, 2013. Also enclosed is a form for your use in submitting names of persons eligible to fill the vacancies on the Board of Directors and the 2013 Nominating Committee. For your reference, an explanation of the composition of the Board of Directors and Nominating Committee and of the open positions in this election is provided.
The Nominating Committee shall consider names which are submitted and the membership shall be notified of its nominations. Thereafter, additional nominations may be made by petition only. Ballots shall be mailed in December to all Members in categories for which there is a contested election and the ballots will be counted on January 16, 2013. The results shall be circulated before the Annual Meeting in February.
NFA is a membership organization. NFA Members have a voice in NFA's governance through the exercise of the right to suggest candidates and to nominate and elect individuals to serve on NFA's Nominating Committee and Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee relies heavily on the suggestions of the membership in making its nominating decisions. Please give this matter serious consideration and return your submission(s) to NFA for receipt no later than October 29, 2012.
Please return your submission(s) by mail or by fax for receipt no later than October 29, 2012 to:
Thomas W. Sexton, III
National Futures Association
300 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 1800
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Should you have any questions, please contact Tom Sexton at (312) 781-1413.
ELECTED BOARD AND NOMINATING COMMITTEE MEMBERS WHOSE TERMS WILL EXPIRE AT THE 2013 ANNUAL ELECTION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
(Directors may succeed themselves)
W. Robert Felker
J.P. Morgan Securities LLC
William F. McCoy
Maureen C. Downs
Rosenthal Collins Group LLC
Christopher K. Hehmeyer
Vice Chairman Emeritus
John A. Vassallo
Bruce L. Cleland
Campbell & Company, Inc.
George E. Crapple
Co-Chairman and Co-Chief Executive Officer
Millburn Ridgefield Corp.
(Nominating Committee members may NOT succeed themselves)
Global Head of Listed Derivatives Operations
Newedge USA LLC
Stephen D. Reece
Sciota Trading Ltd.
Neil P. Ramsey
Chief Executive Officer
Ramsey Quantitative Systems, Inc.
NFA'S BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Composition of Board of Directors:
1. Eight (8) FCM Representatives - At least two (2) from top-ten FCMs based on the total amount of segregated funds and secured amounts as of June 30 preceding the election and at least two (2) from FCMs that are not ranked as top-ten FCMs.
2. One (1) IB Representative - Independent.
3. One (1) IB Representative - Guaranteed.
4. Four (4) CPO/CTA Representatives - At least two (2) affiliated with either CPOs or CTAs that are ranked in the top 20% of funds under management allocated to futures.
5. No more than five (5) Contract Market Representatives.
6. Ten (10) Public Directors.
Open Positions on the Board of Directors in the 2013 Member Election:
Four (4) open positions for FCM Representatives, at least one of which must be affiliated with a top-ten FCM based on the total amount of segregated funds and secured amounts as of June 30 preceding the election.
One (1) open position for an Independent IB Representative.
Two (2) open positions for CPO/CTA Representatives who may be affiliated with either a CPO or CTA which is ranked in the top 20% of funds under management allocated to futures or a CPO or CTA which is not ranked in the top 20% of funds under management allocated to futures.
NFA'S NOMINATING COMMITTEE
Composition of Nominating Committee:
1. Three (3) FCM Representatives - At least one (1) representative from a top-ten FCM based on the total amount of segregated funds and secured amounts as of June 30 preceding the election and at least one (1) representative from an FCM not ranked as a top-ten FCM.
2. Three (3) IB Representatives - At least one (1) representative from an Independent IB and at least one (1) representative from a Guaranteed IB.
3. Three (3) CPO/CTA Representatives - At least one representative acting primarily as a CPO and at least one representative acting primarily as a CTA.
Open Positions on the Nominating Committee in the 2013 Member Election:
One (1) open position for an FCM Representative who must be affiliated with a top-ten FCM based on the total amount of segregated funds and secured amounts as of June 30 preceding the election.
One (1) open position for an IB Representative who must be affiliated with a Guaranteed IB.
One (1) open position for a CPO/CTA Representative who may be acting primarily as either a CPO or a CTA.
SUBMISSION TO NFA NOMINATING COMMITTEE
SUGGESTION FOR NOMINATION*
Name of Individual
Being Suggested: ________________________________________________________________________
Suggested for Nomination to:
______ Board of Directors
______ Nominating Committee
NFA Member Firm with Which
Suggested Individual is Affiliated: ____________________________________________________________
Firm's Membership Category: _____FCM _____IB _____CPO/CTA
Individual's Title: __________________________________________________________________________
Telephone: _________________________ Email, if known: _______________________________________
Name of Person Making Suggestion: ________________________________________________________
On Behalf of:
(NFA Member Firm)
Your Business Telephone: _____________________ Email: _______________________________________
Thank you for your submission. NFA will contact the individual you suggested to confirm his/her willingness to serve and to obtain biographical information that will be forwarded to the Nominating Committee.
* Please complete a separate form for each individual suggested. This form may be photocopied. Please return your submission(s) to NFA for receipt no later than October 29, 2012, by mail or fax to:
Thomas W. Sexton, III
National Futures Association 300 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 1800
Chicago, IL 60606