News Releases2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | Show more years
February 22, 2011
NFA's Board of Directors re-elects Robert Felker to serve as Chairman
February 22, Chicago - The Board of Directors of National Futures Association (NFA) has elected W. Robert Felker, Chairman of JPMorgan Futures Inc., to serve another one-year term as Chairman and Christopher K. Hehmeyer, Non-Executive Chairman at Penson GHCO, to serve as Vice-Chairman.
In addition, the Board elected the following individuals to serve two-year terms as public directors:
- William N. Goetzmann, Edwin J. Beinecke Professor of Finance and Management Studies and Director, International Center for Finance, Yale School of Management;
- Silas Keehn (incumbent), Past President, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago;
- Jim Marshall, Visiting Professor of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University;
- Charles P. Nastro (incumbent); and
- Ronald S. Oppenheimer, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Vitol, Inc.
The Board also elected the following individuals to serve one-year terms on NFA's Executive Committee:
- Mark G. Bagan, Minneapolis Grain Exchange;
- Bruce L. Cleland, Campbell and Company, Inc.;
- George E. Crapple, The Millburn Corporation;
- Paul J. Georgy, Allendale, Inc.;
- Douglas E. Harris, Promontory Financial Group L.L.C.;
- Christopher K. Hehmeyer;
- Charles P. Nastro;
- Todd E. Petzel, Offit Capital Advisors LLC;
- Susan M. Phillips, Former Chairman, Commodity Futures Trading Commission; and
- John F. Sandner, CME Group Inc.
Mr. Felker and NFA President Daniel Roth also serve on the Executive Committee.
The following individuals were elected by their membership categories to serve two-year terms on the Board of Directors:
- Futures Commission Merchants: Maureen C. Downs, President, Rosenthal Collins Group LLC; Robert Felker; Christopher Hehmeyer and William F. McCoy, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley
- Introducing Brokers: John A. Vassallo, President, Coquest Incorporated
- Commodity Pool Operators and Commodity Trading Advisors: Bruce L. Cleland, Vice Chairman, Campbell & Company, Inc. and George E. Crapple, Co-Chairman and Co-Chief Executive Officer, The Millburn Corporation
The elections complete NFA's two-year phase-in of its objective to increase public representation on its Board and Executive Committee to 35 percent.
NFA is the premier independent provider of innovative and efficient regulatory programs that safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets.