News Releases2023 | 2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | Show more years
February 22, 2012
For more information contact:
Larry Dyekman (312) 781-1372, email@example.com
Karen Wuertz (312) 781-1335, firstname.lastname@example.org
NFA's Board of Directors elects Christopher Hehmeyer to serve as Chairman
February 22, Chicago - The Board of Directors of National Futures Association (NFA) has elected Christopher K. Hehmeyer, Non-Executive Chairman at Penson Futures, to serve a one-year term as Chairman. The Board also elected Paul J. Georgy, President of Allendale, Inc., to serve as Vice Chairman.
In addition, the Board re-elected the following individuals to serve two-year terms as public directors:
- Ronald H. Filler, Professor of Law and Director of the Center on Financial Services Law at New York Law School;
- Douglas E. Harris, Managing Director, Promontory Financial Group LLC;
- Michael H. Moskow, Vice Chairman and Senior Fellow on the Global Economy, The Chicago Council on Global Affairs;
- Todd E. Petzel, Chief Investment Officer, Offit Capital Advisors LLC; and
- Susan M. Phillips, Former Chairman, Commodity Futures Trading Commission and former dean of the School of Business at George Washington University.
The Board also elected the following individuals to serve one-year terms on NFA's Executive Committee:
- Bruce L. Cleland, Campbell & Company, Inc.;
- George E. Crapple, Millburn Ridgefield Corp.;
- Michael C. Dawley, Goldman Sachs & Co.;
- Paul J. Georgy, Allendale, Inc.;
- David S. Goone, InterContinental Exchange, Inc.;
- Douglas E. Harris, Promontory Financial Group LLC;
- Charles P. Nastro;
- Todd E. Petzel, Offit Capital Advisors LLC;
- Susan M. Phillips, Former Chairman, Commodity Futures Trading Commission and former dean of the School of Business at George Washington University;
- John F. Sandner, CME Group Inc.
Mr. Hehmeyer also serves on the Executive Committee and NFA's President Daniel Roth serves as an ex officio non-voting member of the Committee.
The following individuals were elected by their membership categories to serve two-year terms on the Board of Directors:
- Futures Commission Merchants: Gerald F. Corcoran, Chief Executive Officer, R.J. O'Brien & Associates, Inc.; Scott A. Cordes, President, Country Hedging,Inc.; and Michael C. Dawley, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Introducing Brokers: Paul J. Georgy, President, Allendale, Inc.
- Commodity Pool Operators and Commodity Trading Advisors: Douglas L. Bry, President, Northfield Trading L.P. and Ernest L. Jaffarian, President and CEO, Efficient Capital Management, LLC.
A complete list of NFA's Board of Directors and its various committees can be found on NFA's website.
NFA is the premier independent provider of innovative and efficient regulatory programs that safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets.